Keno is an online casino lottery style game that many Australians will be familiar with. The game is very much like Bingo. It comprises drawing numbers and then eliminating the corresponding numbers on the cards. The rules of the game are very simple. In traditional live casino games of keno, there is the use of a large plastic bubble carrying 80 numbered balls. Players must guess the right numbers in order to win. The online versions are similar to that.
The Winning Numbers Game
When playing, players start with a card, numbered from 1 to 80. This is the same as the balls in the bubble, in 8 rows and 10 columns. Then the player makes their selection on the card. Each selected number called a keno spot. That card will specify how many numbers that the player is allowed to choose. The ‘quick pick’ option will choose for the player, but the odds remain unchanged. The player can place bets of varying sizes. The payout size depends on how many numbers have been matched. It also depends on how much has been wagered per number. It only gets complicated when a player places bets on groups and combinations of numbers. Bonus numbers, known as ‘bull’s eye’ or a ‘booster’, are common. They cost more to bet on. However, if the bonus number comes up, it means a massive return on that bet, find out more on how to play for real money and win real cash online. It is very important to familiarise yourself with Keno rules before you play the casino game.
History of Keno
The word Keno may seem to have a Latin origin, but in fact, it is deeply rooted in China. In Chinse, Keno means, “white dove ticket”. The story behind keno is quite a fascinating one. It is believed that the game was invented to increase funds for the war in China. This was during a war, and the plan did work, as the city was a city. Instead of numbers, the game and 120 characters from an ancient poem. The game soon spread across China, and well here, we are playing it today. Read more about Keno History.
Online Keno Australia Tips and Tricks
- Keno is primarily a game of luck, but there are things that you can do to help you. These are:
- Choose a set of numbers and make sure you play those consistently. This helps you identify if there are any numbers that keep occurring often. It will not hurt to try this trick.
- Before you start playing, always pay attention to the payout chart. This helps you to identify what you need to do to win.
- Shop around for an online casino that offers special bonuses for its Keno players. This gives you a hand when you start playing.
- Set a budget and stick to it. Chasing your losses will only make you lose more.
- Remember that Keno is a game of luck. There is nothing more than you can do after choosing your set of numbers.
Online Casino Keno Versions in Australia
The graphics of this casino game are usually kept very basic. In addition, the audio chimes to indicate whenever a number has drawn. There is a different chime for winning matches. Colour coding also makes it easy to tell which numbers have been selected or been matched. What makes online keno exciting is the fact that the prizes can well exceed expectations. With progressive jackpot games, the prize keeps growing. This happens until a player hits the right number of matches.
Some of the different versions of Keno include Neptune’s Keno and Bingo Keno Extreme. There is also Keno Extreme. This gives players 6 Keno boards to bet on. These are just some of the variations, although there are many others out there.
Online Keno Glossary
If you are looking to play Keno anytime soon, you must know the following important terms.
- Aggregate Limit is the amount of money the casino pays out in a single round. If that limit is reached, you may have to accept reduced winnings.
- Keno Bankroll is the amount of money you have in your account available for betting
- The caller is the casino employee who calls out the numbers
- Closed is the moment right before the Keno balls are drawn. Once the game is closed, no bets can be made
- Keno Flashboard is the board used to show the numbers that have been drawn
- Keno Goose is slang for the machine that mixes up, as well as draws the Keno balls
- House Edge is the casino’s advantage. This usually sits at around 30% for Keno.
- Keno Random Number Generator is the mechanism used to draw random numbers
- Way Ticket is a ticket that contains 2 or more bets
- The writer is the casino employee who interacts with players. He also collects completed tickets, accepts money for wagers and pays out winners.
- You can also play Mobile Keno in Australia today!
Online Keno FAQ’s
- What is Keno Online?
Keno is game that is believed to have originated from China. Furthermore, the legend states that the winnings from this game are the ones that were used to build the Great Wall of China. Today it is like a lottery where player spick numbers from a pool of 80.
- Can I play Keno for free?
Absolutely, many online casinos allow you to play Keno for free before you play for real money.
- Are there any strategies that I can use to win?
If you are looking for a game of calculations and strategies, Keno is not the game for you. The game is based purely on chance.
- How can I tell that the game is fair?
The best way to tell if your game is fair by playing at a reputable casino. Luckily for you, the online casino that we have reviewed here are all fair, licensed and audited. Therefore, you can try playing at any of the online casinos that we have reviewed here.
- What do I need to start playing Keno online?
You need an online casino, and a device to play from. Thankfully, we have a wide range of online casinos that you can choose from.