Golf Betting has become popular in Australia in the recent times. We need to look at Golf itself in order to understand this trend.
Golf, an old sport, boasts of the world’s most famous names in both sports and in sports betting. Golf has been a global name and a very brilliant sport for a long time, featuring sports stars like Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods. Throughout the year, there are great events dedicated at keeping fans entertained. These events include the British Open Golf, the Ryder Cup and the Four Majors. The fairness of the game has been doubted throughout the years, but golf still has many loyal Australian fans.
To bet on golf in Australia, there are 2 options. These are:
- You must choose an event. For example, Honda Classic or Open Championships. Next, you must choose your player, for example, Jordan Spieth or Rory McIlroy. After this, you must set your stake in Australian Dollars and then bet.
- The second option is the simpler of the 2 options. You will need to choose an event as in the first example. You will then need to decide the markets on which you want to bet on. Some of the markets available include: Make/Miss the cut, Outright betting, Finishing positions, etc. lastly, you must select a player. Set you stake in Australian Dollars and bet.
Rules and Tips of the Betting System
- Outright Winner: this lets you bet on the player that will win the tournament.
- W/O ‘Player X’ Market: you must bet on the player who will win the tournament after player X’s score is taken out.
- Round Leader Market: you must bet on the player who will be at the top of the leader board when the named round comes to an end.
- Place 1st 5/10/20 etc.: you have to bet on the selected player who will finish the Top 5, 10, 20 etc.
- To Make/Miss Cut: you must bet on the selected player. You bet that the player will either make or miss the ‘cut’ of the tournament.
- Two Chances To Win: you bet on whether 1 of the 2 named players will win the tournament.
- Tournament Match Betting: you must bet on the player who will achieve the highest placing when the tournament ends.
- Tournament Group Betting: you bet on the player who will achieve the highest placing from the group named when the tournament ends.
- Match Betting Handicap: bet on the player who will achieve the lowest score when the tournament ends. This is after the stated handicap has been applied.
- 18 Hole Betting (2 ball/3ball): you bet on the player who will achieve the lowest score over 18 holes.
- 36 Hole 3 Balls: you must bet on the player who will achieve the lowest score over the 1st 36 holes of the tournament.
- Mythical 2/3 Balls: you bet on the player who will achieve the lowest score over 18 holes
- Tie No Bet (2-ball): you bet on the player who will achieve the lowest score over 18 holes.
- The subsequent Hole Nearest in Regulation: you bet on the player who will be nearest in Regulation on whichever hole is selected.
- Lowest 18 Hole Event Score: you bet on the player who will have the lowest 18 hole score in the whole tournament.
- Finishing Positions: you bet on what the official final finishing position of the player you have chosen will be.
- Tee Shot Hits Fairway: you bet on where the ball will land in the fairway on the chosen hole from the tee shot.
- Tournament Trios: you bet on which of the three selected players will have the lowest event total?
- Straight/Dual Forecast: you bet on players coming first and second in the tournament.