Using a debit card for deposits and withdrawals is a popular method worldwide. Debit cards can be used to make transactions both online and on land. Using debit cards is fast, secure and convenient for most online casino players.
What is a Debit Card?
A debit card is a plastic card that is linked to your bank account. It can be used anywhere that a credit card is accepted. You can access your account at different merchants from wherever you are. You can use it at an ATM. The money is taken directly from your bank account. Debit cards usually have a MasterCard or Visa logo on then. You will get a PIN from your bank that allows you to use the card anywhere.
Using a Debit Card
When you use a debit account for any transaction, the merchant places a hold on your account for the amount you used. The merchant will then submit their transaction, thereby completing the transaction. The money is then deducted from your account and will show up in your cleared transactions.
Using the debit card for a car rental or at a hotel lets the merchants put a larger hold on your account. This is to cover for any extra costs that may accrue. You should always take note of this so you don’t run into embarrassing situations in which your card may be declined. Always have extra money in your account if you use your card for a car rental or hotel.
Advantages of Using Debit Cards at Online Casinos
- When you make a deposit, the money is taken directly from your bank account. This means no debt as you avoid spending more than you have. Also, there is no paying the credit card bill every month.
- There is absolutely no application necessary. No minimum credit score is required. All you need is a bank account.
- Some bank accounts have fees associated with them but these are significantly lower than most credit cards.
- It’s hard to steal money from a debit card because of the identity theft protection. If your card is stolen, you simply report it missing and the bank will cancel it. Besides, someone has to know the card PIN in order to use your card.
- Debit cards are slowly eliminating the use of paper checks. Checks take a lot of time for transactions to reflect in your bank account whereas with debit cards, it only takes a moment to complete a purchase.
Tips for using Debit Cards at Online Casinos
You should never give your card details to anyone else besides the online casino. If you don’t feel safe, you can always call the casino site to confirm that you’re giving your details to them.
Pre-fund your card only with the amount that you want to use for gambling. This stops you from spending more than you budgeted for.
You must shop around to find which online gambling sites accept your debit card first before settling for a particular online casino.